Work After Studies

Work Permit

Part-time employment

Students graduating at recognized bodies can retain their right to work for part time. During term time Student can work up to 20 hours per week  if they are studying a course at or above degree level at higher education Institution registered by UKVI.

Students can work 10 hours per week if students studying a course that is below UK degree level at a higher education institution or any course at any level at a publicly-funded further education college.

Students can work for full time during their vacations

Students can find part-time jobs by searching in the local newspapers, job shops etc. Also information can be found at the Universities and Colleges career cells. The part time employment for students is not guaranteed by the University.

For courses of six months or less, student must take the permission of Entry Clearance Officer to work.

Full time employment

UKBA has introduced Points-based system for managing migration, to those wishing to work or study in UK.  Tier 2 of point based system whereby student who graduates from UK University will be able to take graduate level job in the UK with the registered companies paying a minimum of £ 20000 a year and work for 3 years. This can be extended for 3 years more.

Student will have to find a graduate job offer with a sponsoring employer before your student visa expires. Although graduate employers hire all year round, some popular graduate programmes have a long recruitment cycle. You will need to begin your graduate job hunting early in your final year of study to maximize your chances of success with particular firms.

You need to pay attention to how UK graduate employers recruit, in particular the skills and qualities sought on applications. Ensure you are in a position to apply early. Focus upon improving your language ability is proficient for job applications and selection processes with employers.

From 6th April 2015 – The Tier 2 visa requires a minimum salary of £20,800 and it for the position, or higher, depending upon the UKVI’s Codes of Practice. You’ll need to ensure that you have a range of employability skills on offer, and apply early in order to secure a position that pays this salary if you wish to work in the UK after study

For more information on ‘Working in the UK’, please click on: